What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim (2018)
I want to be in the kind of relationship where I feel like the tiredness of my day gets washed off just by hugging you once. – Young Joon
Synopsis : The plot revolves around the ambitious Vice Chairman of a major corporation, Lee Young-joon, and his highly capable secretary, Kim Mi-so. Misunderstandings arise when she announces that she will resign from her position, after working for Lee Young-joon for nine years. Young-joon will do whatever he can to make sure Mi-so stays by his side. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Park Seo-joon as Lee Young-joon / Lee Sung-hyun
- Park Min-young as Kim Mi-so
- Also known as Why Secretary Kim
- Genre : Romantic comedy
- It is based on the novel of the same title by Jung Kyung-yoon which was first published in 2013, which was then serialized into a comic in 2015 via KakaoPage.
- The series aired on tvN from June 6 to July 26, 2018, on Wednesdays and Thursdays for 16 episodes.
- It is one of the highest rated Korean dramas in cable television history.
- The thing this drama does well is it does its comedy and romance very well. The story is your typical rom-com in the sense that you know how it’s going to end.
- What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim is more of a ‘turn your brain off, relax, and have a laugh’ type of drama.
- I found myself smiling and having a good time, which really is the point of spending hours of our lives watching dramas right?
- The acting/cast is probably the strongest link in this drama.
- Park Min Young and Park Seo Joon were just perfect couple. You can feel the chemistry between them.
- Overall, it’s a good drama. Simple plot, but yet entertaining, cheesy and funny moments, a lot of kisses and brilliant acting.
- I would recommend this drama only for those who enjoy lighthearted romance-comedies and aren’t picky with how “well-written” the story and characters have to be.
My Rating – 8.5/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : SHE WAS PRETTY (2015)
Have you seen What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.
I cannot believe I still havent watched this!!! I mean, I’m not really an avid K-drama fan but I’m certain this one’s among the most famous ones right? Need to watch it to understand all the hype!
If like mo kilig kilig lang, ok ito… yung chemistry din kasi ng mga bida, ayos na ayos.