Miss Granny (2014)
Aigoo, being young and beautiful could be so tiring. – Oh Doo-ri
Miss Granny Synopsis : Oh Mal-Soon (Na Moon-Hee) is a 74-year-old widow that realizes she is becoming a burden on her family. As she is roaming the streets, she comes across a photo studio and decides to dress up for a self-portrait. When she walks out of the photo studio, she mysteriously turns back into her twenty year old self. Making the most out of this one in a lifetime opportunity, she changes her name to Oh Doo-Ri (Shim Eun-Kyung) and decides to make the most out of her youth. (Source : Soompi)
- Shim Eun-kyung as Oh Doo-ri
- Na Moon-hee as Oh Mal-soon
- Miss Granny is a 2014 South Korean comedy-drama film directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk.
- After opening in theaters on January 22, 2014, it became a huge box office hit, with 8.65 million tickets sold.
- It drew 850,000 admissions on its opening day, placing it second behind Hollywood animated film Frozen at the box office.
- In the Philippines, Viva Films secured the rights to do an adaptation through its partnership with CJ Entertainment, with Sarah Geronimo as the lead. It was released on August 22, 2018, also entitled Miss Granny.
- This is a feel good movie that you can’t help but love.
- This is a dramatic comedy with heartwarming and sincere moments.
- It had a lot of comedy but it had some serious moments that put a lot of things into perspective, which I liked.
- I enjoyed how the movie explored the various relationships of the grandmother and her relationships with her son, daughter-in-law and grandson.
- The ending was seriously too perfect.
- There’s a great cameo in this movie and any true K-drama fan will recognize who I’m talking about.
- This movie is a must watch!
My Rating – 8.5/10
What do you think about Miss Granny? Share your feels!
i havent watched this pero shempre alam ko maganda since maganda naman ang Sarah G version.. pero for sure iba din level nito! will look for this nga ng mapanood