The Tale of Nokdu (2019)
I thought I could say this to you if I was drunk. I wanted to tell you to leave me. I think I have a similar drinking habit to yours. I drank because I thought I could say that to you in a drunk state. But after getting drunk, I did not want to lie. I wanted to tell you the truth. This is what I truly wanted to say. Do not leave me. I know that I am irresponsible and selfish. You can blame it on the alcohol. But I still… No matter what I do… Even if I become a terrible person who committed something heinous, I wish you could remain by my side. – Jeon Nokdu to Dong Dong Joo
The drama is about the unique romance between a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman in order to enter a mysterious all-female community, and a gisaeng-in-training named Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), who wants anything but to become a gisaeng (female courtesan). (Source : Soompi)
- Jang Dong-yoon as Jeon Nok-du / Lady Kim Nok-soon / Yeon So
- Kim So-hyun as Dong Dong-joo / Yoo Eun-seo
- Kang Tae-oh as Prince Neungyang / Cha Yool-moo
- Jung Joon-ho as King Gwanghae
- Also known as Joseon Rom-com Mung Bean Chronicles
- Genre : Historical / Romantic comedy
- No. of episodes : 32
- It is based on the webtoon by Hye Jin-yang which was published in 2014 on Naver Webtoon.
- It premiered on KBS2 on September 30, 2019.
- Philippines: Viu, ABS-CBN’s The First and True Home of Asianovelas programming block on March 2, 2020 and dubbed on Filipino.
- The Tale of Nokdu is one of the historical drama series that will not get you bored as they will bring lots of laughter and kilig moments.
- The best part of this drama was the acting of, and chemistry between, all the actors. Each and every actor played their role so well.
- Jang Dong Yoon is so handsome and pretty at the same time. He nailed his character as both Lady Kim & Nokdu.
- I also liked the OST, they fit the different moods of the drama well. (Most Beautiful Days by Gummy / Baby Only You by NCT U Doyoung & Mark)
- If you haven’t watched the drama yet, I think you should give it a try.
- This is a great “Newbie Friendly” drama one can suggest to friends that want to start k-dramas.
My Rating : 8.5/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : MOON EMBRACING THE SUN (2012)
Have you watched The Tale of Nokdu? Share your ‘feels’!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.
Meron ba neto sa netflix? Ayoko kase yung sa filipino dubbed, mas gusto ko naririnig boses nila haha, tama to chill lang, recent kase last 3 kdrama napanood ko kung di heavy drama panget ending,
Wala sa netflix… sa viu ko siya pinanuod.