I thought I could say this to you if I was drunk. I wanted to tell you to leave me. I think I have a similar drinking habit to yours. I drank because I thought I could say that to you in a drunk state. But after getting drunk, I did not want to lie. I wanted to tell you the truth. This is what I truly wanted to say. Do not leave me. I know that I am irresponsible and selfish. You can blame it on the alcohol. But I still… No matter what I do… Even if I become a terrible person who committed something heinous, I wish you could remain by my side. – Jeon Nokdu to Dong Dong Joo
The drama is about the unique romance between a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman in order to enter a mysterious all-female community, and a gisaeng-in-training named Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), who wants anything but to become a gisaeng (female courtesan). (Source : Soompi)
- Jang Dong-yoon as Jeon Nok-du / Lady Kim Nok-soon / Yeon So
- Kim So-hyun as Dong Dong-joo / Yoo Eun-seo
- Kang Tae-oh as Prince Neungyang / Cha Yool-moo
- Jung Joon-ho as King Gwanghae
- Also known as Joseon Rom-com Mung Bean Chronicles
- Genre : Historical / Romantic comedy
- No. of episodes : 32
- It is based on the webtoon by Hye Jin-yang which was published in 2014 on Naver Webtoon.
- It premiered on KBS2 on September 30, 2019.
- Philippines: Viu, ABS-CBN’s The First and True Home of Asianovelas programming block on March 2, 2020 and dubbed on Filipino.
- The Tale of Nokdu is one of the historical drama series that will not get you bored as they will bring lots of laughter and kilig moments.
- The best part of this drama was the acting of, and chemistry between, all the actors. Each and every actor played their role so well.
- Jang Dong Yoon is so handsome and pretty at the same time. He nailed his character as both Lady Kim & Nokdu.
- I also liked the OST, they fit the different moods of the drama well. (Most Beautiful Days by Gummy / Baby Only You by NCT U Doyoung & Mark)
- If you haven’t watched the drama yet, I think you should give it a try.
- This is a great “Newbie Friendly” drama one can suggest to friends that want to start k-dramas.
My Rating : 8.5/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : MOON EMBRACING THE SUN (2012)
Have you watched The Tale of Nokdu? Share your ‘feels’!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.