200 Pounds Beauty (2006)
You broke my heart. Tissue won’t fix it. – Jenny
200 Pounds Beauty Synopsis: Hanna is a lip sync vocalist for the famous Korean pop singer, Ami. Even though everyone ignores her because of her appearance, Hanna is a bright and lighthearted girl. Until one day when Ami humiliates her in front of her crush, Sang Jun. Spurred on by this incident, she makes the life-altering decision to undergo plastic surgery to her entire body. (Source: MyDramaList)
- Kim Ah-joong as Kang Han-na / Jenny
- Joo Jin-mo as Han Sang-jun
- 200 Pounds Beauty is a 2006 South Korean musical romantic comedy film written and directed by Kim Yong-hwa.
- Release date: December 14, 2006
- It is based on the Japanese manga Kanna’s Big Success! by Yumiko Suzuki about an overweight ghost singer who undergoes intensive plastic surgery to become a pop sensation.
- It was the third best-selling domestic film of 2006.
- The movie also received several awards and nominations, including Best Actress for Kim Ah-joong at the 2007 Grand Bell Awards.
- The story was fun, charming, funny at times, with still enough seriousness and learning points included.
- Self-love and self-acceptance is the point of this movie. One will never be happy with their looks if they’re not happy with themselves.
- Kim Ah-Joong did an excellent job portraying her character.
- The music is good. (MARIAAAA AVE MARIA….)
- I recommend this movie if you want something moving, with both cute and funny moments.
My Overall rating – 8.0/10 (It has a well-balanced dose of drama and comedy. Overall, a fun movie to watch.)
K-MOVIE QUOTES FROM 200 POUNDS BEAUTY
- Do you have any idea what it feels like… not being able to confess one’s love? – Jenny
- Desire to become pretty isn’t a bad thing. – Jenny
- Is it a crime to be ugly? – Jenny
Have you watched 200 Pounds Beauty? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
- Romantic Comedy Film – The Beauty Inside (2015)
- Drama about Plastic Surgery – My ID is Gangnam Beauty (2018)