If you need money more than anything else because money will make you happy, that means what you need is happiness. – Habaek
“The Bride of the Water God” is based on a Korean manhwa of the same title that tells the story of Soah, a girl who is offered up as a sacrifice to the water god after her village suffers from prolonged draught. The drama will tell the original story with a modern twist. (Source : Soompi)
- Shin Se-kyung as Yoon So-ah
- Nam Joo-hyuk as Ha-baek
- Lim Ju-hwan as Shin Hoo-ye
- Krystal Jung as Moo-ra / Hye-ra
- Gong Myung as Bi-ryum / Ahn-bin
- Also known as Bride of the Water God
- Genre : Fantasy / Romance / Comedy
- The Bride of Habaek is a South Korean television drama spin-off of the 2006 sunjung manhwa Bride of the Water God by Yoon Mi-kyung.
- It aired on cable channel tvN from July 3, 2017 to August 22, 2017 for 16 epsiodes.
- First announced in 2015, the live action version of the manhwa is written by Jung Yoon-jung, writer of the dramas Arang and the Magistrate (2012), Monstar (2013) and Misaeng (2014).
- The series will relocate the characters and story to modern day Seoul.
- In Philippines, the series premiered on April 11, 2018 as part of GMA Network’s The Heart of Asia under the title Bride of the Water God.
- The story was long lost and there was almost no chemistry between the leads.
- The acting was fine, but not phenomenal.
- I think Nam Joo Hyuk was not quite the right choice for Ha Baek.
- Lim Ju-hwan was one of the lone actors that really stood out in this series.
- If you’re here for a supernatural romantic story, go watch something else from the genre.
My Rating – 6/10
What do you think about The Bride of Habaek? Let me know your thoughts in the comment!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Fantasy Romance – A Korean Odyssey (2017)
- Nam Joo Hyuk’s Drama – Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (2016)