I’ve been watching “Master In The House” since its first episode (December 31, 2017). I really love this Variety Show. It is super funny, full of wisdom and entertaining in the same time and it really make my day.
For the year 2020, watching “Master In The House” will never be the same again. The good thing is Shin Sung Rok joined the Jipsabu Team as the new member. He is a perfect addition to the show, he’s so hilarious and a total package for a variety show. But what makes me really sad as a fan of this show? Lee Sang Yoon and BTOB’s Yook Sungjae, the two original cast members would be leaving the show. This is really sad and it won’t be the same without them. But its always like this, all good things must come to an end.
For now, I just want to share why “Master In The House” is my weekly Happy Pill.
(first published in Chingu To The World on May 20, 2019)
Master in the House is a SBS variety show that features the ‘triple threat’ entertainer Lee Seung Gi, actor Lee Sang Yoon, BTOB’s Yook Sung Jae, and comedian Yang Se Hyung. The cast will spend time with famous figure in order to learn about their lives and what makes them so successful.
Here are just six reasons why I’m totally hooked with this show.
1. MEANINGFUL GOAL – The four men must live with the “Master” for two days and one night and follow their lifestyles to understand what has made each master so successful in life. They get to know about their Master life and discover something new among themselves along the way.
2. PERFECT CAST – Four different personalities but they blend well with each other. They are so natural and you can see their effort to make the show interesting and funny.
- January 12, 2020 (Episode 102) Shin Sung-rok joins the show as a permanent cast member
- March 15, 2020 (Episode 111) Lee Sang-yoon and Yook Sung-jae’s final episode before leaving the show
3. BROMANCE – #SangSeungHyungJae is a winning combination that makes for just the right mix of bromance. They really looked and felt more like brothers doing a variety show.
- No more Seung Gi and Sungjae moments
- No more calculations from nerd Sang Yoon
- It’ll not be the same as before but thank you Sungjae and Sang Yoon for being part of my favourite show. I wish you nothing but the best in your career. Good luck!
4. LAUGH-OUT-LOUD – The show is full of humor, fun, wit, entertainment and etc. I just cant stop laughing from their ridiculous games and playful ribbing. Master in the House injects laughter in crazy situations you least expect to see.
5. INSPIRATION – Every episode has unique flavor to offer. You will gain a lot of insights about life from the various professionals whom they spend two days with each week. The best part is we get to find some valuable wisdom in the words of their admirable masters!
6. LEE SEUNG GI – I just enjoy watching Lee Seung Gi and what ever he does. I just love seeing his expressions when he is happy, overwhelmed or got startled. Seung-gi’s passion, dedication and his commitment to work hard as a leader shows that he really deserved his Entertainment Daesang Award. He became my Ultimate Bias because of this show.
In need of some laughs? Then watch “Master In The House”, surely you will end up laughing in the whole episode and become obsessed with this show. I just love the Master In The House so much for giving me laughs and entertainment week after week.
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.