In this world, nobody can choose his parents or be born the way he wants. The only thing that we can choose is just one thing – “Today how I am going to live it” – is the only thing! – Seonjun
“Sungkyunkwan Scandal” which follows a smart young woman through her adventures as a student at the most elite educational institution in Joseon. As if maintaining her disguise weren’t difficult enough (girls were not allowed to be educated), she must do it while navigating the her boisterous male classmates and dealing with her romantic feelings for one in particular. (Soompi)
- Park Min-young as Gim Yunhui (when girl)/Gim Yunsik (when boy), nicknamed “Dae-mul”
- Park Yoo-chun as Yi Seonjun, nicknamed “Ga-rang”
- Yoo Ah-in as Mun Jae-sin, nicknamed “Geol-o”
- Song Joong-ki as Gu Yong-ha, nicknamed “Yeo-rim”
- Genre : Historical / Coming-of-age / Romantic-comedy
- Directed by Kim Won-seok and written by Kim Tae-hee, it is based on Jung Eun-gwol’s bestselling 2007 novel The Lives of Sungkyunkwan Confucian Scholars.
- It aired on KBS2 from August 30 to November 2, 2010 for 20 episodes.
- I was having a great time while watching this drama, I was hooked since the first episode.
- The guys in this drama are so cute and it was a joy to watch so much eye candy on screen.
- I am a very big fan of Park Min Young and I have NO complaints when it comes to her character and acting.
- I completely fell for Yoo Ah In’ character. Second Lead Syndrome!
- Song Joong Ki was great and hilarious.
- I love the bromance between Jae-sin and Yong-ha. They have amazing chemistry.
- I really love the “Jalgeum Quartet”. They’re all awesome. Their roles fit them.
- The music was great. Personal Favorite : Found You by Park Yoo Chun, XIA, Kim Jae Joong.
- I absolutely loved Sungkyunkwan Scandal, it surely is one of my favourites. A definitely must watch and I’m sure you will enjoy this drama a lot.
- All in all, this is a lovely, funny, feel-good watch.
My Rating – 10/10
What do you think about Sungkyunkwan Scandal? Share your feels!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Historical / Romantic Comedy – Love in the Moonlight (2016)
- Park Min Young’s Drama – Queen for Seven Days (2017)