I know a person’s heart is something that changes with time. – Kim Sung-yeol
The Scholar Who Walks the Night Synopsis : In Joseon Dynasty, immaculately dressed in scholarly robes, the young nobleman Kim Sung Ryeol lives as a vampire to keep his promise to his friends. When Sung Ryeol still was a human, he found out about the vampire Gwi who sits above the King deciding the next royal line and has resurrected as a vampire trying to fight against Gwi. And now, he is living as a guardian vampire fighting against the evil vampire without losing his human nature. (Source : MyDramalist)
- Lee Joon-gi as Kim Sung-yeol (“Night Scholar”)
- Shim Chang-min as Crown Prince Lee Yoon
- Lee Soo-hyuk as Gwi
- Lee Yu-bi as Jo Yang-sun/Seo Jin
- Kim So-eun as Lee Myung-hee/Choi Hye-ryung
- Genre : Historical / Fantasy / Romance
- Based on the manhwa of the same name written by Jo Joo-hee and illustrated by Han Seung-hee.
- It aired on MBC from July 8 to September 10, 2015 on Wednesdays and Thursdays for 20 episodes.
- The drama reunited Lee Joon-gi and Kim So-eun who both starred in the 2006 film, Fly, Daddy, Fly.
- If you love period dramas with a touch of the supernatural or romantic vampire series, The Scholar Who Walks the Night is one you definitely want to check out when you find the time.
- I started this drama for Lee Joon Gi and stayed for Lee Joon Gi. His display of the vampire Kim Sung Yeol was great. I can’t say anything negative to his acting and that he’s insanely beautiful here. (Those eyes!)
- Lee Soo-hyuk also gave me chills with his extreme handsomeness and skills when it came to acting.
- What I liked about this series : The fight and action scenes, the gorgeous costumes and the two sexy and hot vampires.
- I would advise to watch this for the actors and the scenery.
My Rating – 8/10
What do you think about The Scholar Who Walks the Night? Let me know your thoughts in the comment below!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :