Meow, the Secret Boy (2020)
I can’t hug you anymore. I’m sorry… for not being human. – Hong-jo
“Meow the Secret Boy” is a fantasy-romantic comedy based on a webtoon about a cat who transforms into a human for mysterious reasons. (Source : Soompi)
- Kim Myung-soo as Hong-jo
- Shin Ye-eun as Kim Sol-ah
- Seo Ji-hoon as Lee Jae-sun
- Yoon Ye-joo as Eun Ji-eun
- Kang Hoon as Go Doo-sik
- Also known as “Welcome”
- Genre : Fantasy / Romantic comedy
- No. of episodes: 24 (30 mins)
- Based on the 2009–2010 Naver webtoon of the same name by Go A-ra, it aired on KBS2 from March 25 to April 30, 2020.
- During its run, Welcome recorded a lowest single-episode rating of 0.8% and an average rating of 1.7%, beating the previous record lows set by Lovely Horribly and Manhole to become the lowest rated drama airing in a primetime slot on a free-to-air network in history.
- Early working title of the series is Man Who Bakes Bread.
- It was originally planned to air on cable channel tvN in the first half of 2019, and the lead roles were offered to Yook Sung-jae and Park Eun-bin, but both declined.
- This series is simply an average show — not too bad but not exceptionally good either.
- I like the cute romance between our secondary couple Ji Eun and Do Shik.
- The OST was cute, it suited the atmosphere of the show well. My favorite : Better To Be You by Drew Ryan Scott.
- Kim Myung Soo did a nice job at portraying Hong Jo and I think he suited this role very well. Hong Jo is the cutest and L is perfect for this role!
- It is still worth the watch, it’s an enjoyable ride with some funny moments and some cute romance in it.
My Rating – 8/10
Have you watched Meow, the Secret Boy? Share your ‘feels’!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Fantasy Romance – Extraordinary You (2019)
- Kim Myung Soo’s Drama – Miss Hammurabi (2018)