Bring It On, Ghost (2016)
Thank you for everything. Everything feels okay when I’m with you. When I woke up as a ghost with no memories left, I was so scared and lonely. But not any longer. Even if my memories don’t come back, I’m happy now. I’m so happy you can see me. – Kim Hyun Ji
- Title: Bring It On, Ghost
- Episodes: 16
- Aired: Jul 11, 2016 – Aug 30, 2016
- Original Network: tvN
- Also known as: Let’s Fight Ghost
- Notes: Adapted from the webtoon “Let’s Fight, Ghost” by Iminsu
- Genre: Horror, Mystery, Romantic Comedy
- Written by: Lee Dae-il
- Directed by: Park Joon-hwa (Let’s Eat) and Myung Hyun-woo
- Main Cast: Ok Taec-yeon (Who Are You), Kim So-hyun (Who Are You: School 2015) and Kwon Yul (One More Happy Ending)
- Where to watch: Netflix
- Synopsis: They became an unlikely team. Park Bong Pal (Ok Taec-yeon) is a college student who has always had the ability to see and communicate with ghosts. To make extra money, he hires himself out as an exorcist who helps people vanquish the ghosts haunting them, with only about a 50-50 success rate. He crosses paths with Kim Hyun Ji (Kim So Hyun), the ghost of a 19-year-old student who died in a car accident but has been wandering the Earth for five years because she is unable to move on to the afterlife. When Bong Pal and Hyun Ji first meet, they accidentally kiss and sparks fly. But more importantly, Hyun Ji knows that Bong Pal holds the key to her past so she decides to move in with him. With her ability to see how ghosts died, Hyun Ji teams up with Bong Pal to help ghosts cross over into the next world. But what secrets does Joo Hye Sung (Kwon Yool), a professor at Bong Pal’s university, hold to both Bong Pal and Hyun Ji’s predicaments? (Source: Viki)
Story: Not all ghost stories are scary. Some are cute and some are funny. And this drama is nothing short of being cute, funny and scary. Gusto ko siya at nag-enjoy naman ako sa panunuod.
Acting/Cast: Kim So Hyun did a good job being so adorable. Ok Taec-yeon did a good job on his action scenes. Bet ko yung chemistry ng main leads, cute nila together. At yung mga supporting characters nakakaaliw din sila panuorin.
Overall: If you want to watch something that is not heavy, with a bit of every genre (horror, comedy and romance) to stir your feels, you can watch this drama.
My Rating – 8.5/10 (I found Bring It On, Ghosts did well on the acting, story line and provided 16 episodes of good entertainment. I really like it, recommended.
Have you watched Bring It On, Ghost? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!