So everyone needs to get a hold of themselves and live a good life. Saying something nice to someone and sincerely helping someone all comeback like this. – Wol-joo
Mystic Pop-up Bar tells the story of a mysterious pojangmacha (outdoor drinking establishment) run by an ill-tempered woman named Wol-joo (Hwang Jung-eum), an innocent part-time employee named Han Kang-bae (Yook Sung-jae), and a former afterlife detective known as Chief Gwi (Choi Won-young) who visit customers in their dreams to help resolve their problems. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Hwang Jung-eum as Wol-joo
- Choi Won-young as Chief Gwi / Crown Prince Yi-Hon
- Yook Sung-jae as Han Kang-bae
- Genre : Drama / Fantasy / Mystery / Comedy / Supernatural
- Based on the Daum webtoon Twin Tops Bar by Bae Hye-soo, it is the first series to air on JTBC’s Wednesday–Thursday time slot in eight years.
- The series aired from May 20 to June 25, 2020 for 12 episodes.
- Mystic Pop-up Bar is generally comedy, but you’ll also find some bits of romance, drama and action in it.
- This is a feel good drama and there was never a dull moment watching this series.
- Every episode is fun and I had never expected the story to be so deep and at the same time so heart-warming and touching.
- Hwang Jung Eum playing Weol-ju has indeed surprised me this time, it was so different from her other characters she has ever played. She looks so pretty and amazing.
- Yook Sung Jae is so adorable and his expression is priceless. His acting skills were amazing, especially towards the end (Goblin feels).
- The interaction between the three main leads was my favorite part of the series.
- Overall, it’s a good watch if you want to have a good laugh while wanting a heart-warming story.
My Rating – 8.0/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : THE MASTER’S SUN (2013)
Have you watched Mystic Pop-up Bar? Share your feels in the comments below!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.