Love is something that eases people’s suffering. I didn’t know that before. But after I thought about it deeply, there doesn’t seem to be a painkiller as perfect as this. – Park Si-on
Park Si-on (Joo Won) is an autistic savant who was sent to a specialized care center as a child, where he was discovered to have a genius-level memory and keen spatial skills. He eventually enters the field of pediatric surgery as a resident, where he is given six months to prove himself capable. However, due to his atypical mental and emotional condition, Si-on faces conflict from his peers and patients, who view him as childlike and unreliable. Most critical is the hotheaded surgeon Kim Do-han (Joo Sang-wook), who labels him a soulless robot of a doctor who can only rely heavily on his photographic memory instead of feeling what the patient needs. Despite help from understanding and fair colleagues like Cha Yoon-seo (Moon Chae-won) and Han Jin-wook (Kim Young-kwang), the hospital is a fierce and competitive world, and the challenges Si-on faces become only greater when he falls in love with Yoon-seo. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Genre : Medical drama / Romance / Comedy
- It aired on KBS2 from August 5 to October 8, 2013 for 20 episodes.
- The early working title was Green Scalpel.
- This show teaches you about life, love, and overcoming your difficulties even when no one is supporting you.
- It’s a feel good drama with a nice ending.
- The cast and the acting was awesome.
- Joo Sang Wook brings natural charisma to his role as Dr. Kim.
- Moon Chae Won didn’t fail to be believable as Dr. Cha.
- Joo Won portrayal of genius, autistic Park Si-On will leave you speechless. Everything about his performance, from the way he held his body to his speech, spoke of good research and execution.
- The music is good and appropriate.
- Good Doctor deserves to be watched, so please give it a try!
My Rating – 8.5/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : Hospital Playlist (2020)
Have you watched Good Doctor? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.